Your unique API key is a randomized string of characters which permits authenticated access to your Squarespace account. You can create a new key using the steps below.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Advanced.
- Click Squarespace API Keys.
- Click Create Key.
- Enter a Key Name.
- Under API Key Scope, check Orders, Forms, or Inventory. Forms are available in the Business plan, and Orders and Inventory are only available in the Commerce Advanced plan.
- Click Next.
- Copy your unique API key.
When you get this key:
- Keep it secure. Treat your API key like you would treat any account password.
- Copy and save it for your records. For security, we don’t store your API key. There’s no way to retrieve it after you close the window, but if you lose it, you can always create a new one.
You can follow these steps again to create multiple keys.